Anniversary Week

When you have lots to share and don't know where to start you almost ramble... 

I hope I do it a lil less today :-D

2020 has been all about Covid and its implications. But today I don't want to banter.. Instead I want to be thankful & grateful of the small joys and happiness that we re-discovered being in the comfort (sometimes cooped up) in our home. Thankful of having a home where we can see the world go from rushing - to silent - to running again. And thankful of having our precious sweetheart N who made this miserable year far less miserable for our existence. 


We completed 15 years of married life last week.. and instead of a boring mundane Monday our whole day was busy discovering tiny beautiful surprises N arranged for us. 


She clocked her alarm for 11.45 pm and woke up to surprise us with sweet Cadbury pack (that she saved since Diwali). And just when I thought I could kiss my husband Happy Anniversary while he blissfully snored - she woke us to attention with the whole family on a group call!! 😱😍πŸ₯° OMG The squeals of laughter and the incessant talk of how she pulled it in spite of the lizard scare ..still brings a wide grin on my face! 

What came next is going to light up our eyes for years to come. She had asked me few days ago to send some snaps of us to her as she didn't have any on her login in the laptop. (hint hint πŸ§πŸ€”πŸ˜œ) I sent some of my favorite ones.. Within a matter of hours and secret shushing with both her besties - she managed to compile a beautiful anniversary wish video for us and gifted it to us right at 12!! Oh WOW! Was the only thing that we could say again n again! πŸ€—πŸ€©πŸ€—πŸ€©

Bless her lil heart - it took us almost n hour to say our byes to family and put her back to sleep. 

Will always cherish all the wishes and smiles even though came from such a long distance! πŸ’žπŸ’–πŸ’Œ


Next was lunch time surprise with a hand-made greeting card and some more Cadbury chocolate and gems for our sweet taste buds before we dug in the exclusive home made biryani! 

In the evening before we went to pick up the cake she made sure we had chosen the right dresses and tried very hard to stay back home. Little did we know it was not out of boredom but cos she had something else in mind! After hauling us in the bedroom to get ready - she quickly managed to decorate the cake table with more chocolates, candles and our wedding pix.. Needless to say overflowing love for us :-D 

I had a slight hint of what she is up to - but when we walked out to the living room, the chorus of our family members actually surprised me! She had emailed/called each of them via another to come online at the same time so we could cut our anniversary cake with the family. My god this 9.5 year old had surpassed my surprise-party-planning capability too!! All she wanted us to be happy and not spend the day as a boring old Monday! So was fussing around whole day making it specially special for us! πŸ’❤πŸ§‘πŸ’›πŸ’šπŸ’™πŸ’œπŸ–€πŸ€πŸ˜πŸ€©





We promised each other that our anniversary will be the day when we start focusing on being more fit and have a healthier lifestyle for the years to come. No there were no gym memberships taken or major equipment hauled up - all we did was to put on our walking shoes and push each other to walk in the community. 


As we clinked our glassesπŸ₯‚ just before the day ended we mulled over how it would have been if we didn't marry each other.. Which led me to thinking - how it would have been if we hadn't met each other in the first place! 🀣

Which brings me to today and a quick rewind to the year 2000 when I first met J ! 

With 2020 we complete 20 years to our friendship! Wow! I am amazed how quickly the calendars have changed in the last 2 decades.. We have changed and so has our life.  As I looked back and flipped through old pictures - the bitter-sweet memories of each times just stands right in front of us! It has been a very interesting journey with lots of ups and downs...And as I say good-bye to our friendship teens - I look forward to a more substantial... sustainable...and special 20s of our relationship! 

See you in 2040 (and of course at every milestone that comes in between) πŸ˜„


-Mom.Reflections



Comments

Visitors

Flag Counter

Follow me on FB