Fab 40th Birthday Celebration

What happens when a blogger is not able to find enough words to express what they are feeling? 

It means either something too tragic or extremely wonderful has happened! 


Day before yesterday I knew I am going to have a great day because of how I felt and how I took the change in the calendar..

Done with 30s

But little did I know I was in for not 1 - but many small n huge surprises! 

Now, when you are a close knit nuclear family its difficult to keep secrets and plan out something different than routine - and when it comes to men doing it (hidden from wives ) - its even more difficult or so it seems.... 😎😜😆


Midnight Surprise

We had just finished watching Indian Idol when my perky 9.5 yr old decided she is feeling sleepy and instead surprised me with a big huge dairy milk silk and balloons to welcome the clock striking 12! 

It followed by family video call where I was reminded how it felt like just yesterday I was born in the middle of a chaos (in the city) uff... aate hi panga 😱🙆🙋🙈 It feels so sweet to think I am still someone's baby 💓💖👪😍😍


Early Morning Surprise

So very late night N declared no online school... Usually I don't allow her to take breaks like these - but y'day I let her be... And now I know why she wanted that break.....😎🙎🙆

Morning came with a pampering I will never forget in my lifetime! N not only brought me my 1st dose of nimbu-pani but also conspired with daddy to order croissants and made coffee for me... which was served right on my bed!! 



OH GOD😱😱😱💓💓💓!! My day was just made!! Favorite breakfast in bed.. Bas aur kya chahiye ab life mein :-D If that wasn't enough, a flyer came inside the bedroom tied with a balloon and when I walked out - this feisty N had put some more colour no my walls just like my life.... ! 🌈


Day surprise

I was just beginning to enjoy my breakfast along with special birthday calls from everyone when there was another surprise.. A very special hand-made birthday video just for me... What can beat that?!!.. Love showered from long and short distances! Talking about distance - friendship doesn't know any! Friends and family called from other cities and countries and others kept sending/posting messages! Some also took out the time to come wish me during their busy schedules.... And when I thought I should get ready for the day, I was showered with one of the most heart-touching poems from N... especially written for me... 💙💚💛💜😇😇💓😊😊





After decking up with some of my favorite cottons - as I was beginning to get ready for lunch at the family's favorite restaurant(after ages) - a little surprise awaited on the table. A balloon filled with Poppins (yes the same sugar candy I used to love as a child too) that I had to pop😀😃😍

The lunch was not just yummy like always but us 3 had a wonderful time just hanging out with each other without gadgets and doing our masti bhari baatein!! Aaah Bliss! No cooking day (my biggest bday gift) and awesome lunch and drinks with family! 😇😇💞💕💖





Evening Surprise

Now Mr. husband was behaving a lil mysterious.. and I thought daddy-daughter were up to getting cake and little something.. so I didn't think much of it.. But then it started to get from curious to weird!! Now I am usually the one wanting to head out instead of sitting home.. But y'day it was J who wanted to stay out and about....that too in my bday dress.. I just didn't understand why he wanted me to adorn all that silver jewellery with my fav and fab black kurta and go to a store.. But like I said y'day - I didn't care about ppl anymore.. So I went with the flow! 😎😍😇


Both DH & DD kept talking in unison to head out as they wanted to buy nice jewellery for me.. Abhi no cooking and favorite jewellery shopping offer - my 40th just got better from the best!!

 Now after picking few pieces from my favorite store I was done with being out and kept insisting to go home... And the duo just won't budge. Wanted chai/coffee out too! (shocked) A black coffee and some French fries later when I thought we were just going home then we made another stop so these 2 could get me some very very pretty flowers including the beautiful sunflower!! OOooh lala... Pampering at its best! I am 1 lucky 40 yr old strikethrough (young)!! 



Final Surprise

As I stepped inside an eerie and dark living room all I had on my mind was a nice drink with J....some more fun selfies and masti with N in the balcony and long video call with family! What came next was not just a surprise but a SHOCKER (for the lack of a better word) J, N and my dearest friends with my N's dearest friends jumped in unison - 

SURPRISE.....HAPPY Y Y Y Y Y Y  BIRTHDAY Y Y Y Y Y Y!!!

OH....My....Godd!! 

What an Awesome, Super, Fantabulous Surprise that was!! I won't forget that feeling in a very loooooong time! 














All that planning, preparation behind my back.. from exchanging notes to shopping for a party to getting my favorite wine, cake and strawberries... J took care of it all! And each one of them was there to celebrate my day - my happiness with me! Super Happy! And when the day came to a close, family of my friends' too could join us for some more fun and laughter - Oh Mann! It was just awesome!! 💃😍😇💓💙

Now for a person who always wants to be on top of things and stuff (ppl call us Helicopter Moms) it was very difficult to digest that all this happened without my (complete) knowledge....but the very Happy ME didn't bother. As they say.. Ignorance is Bliss! 😎😎

As I admired the beautiful decor they all did together in just a cpl of hours, the lovely collage one of my friends made, the fresh n jolly flowers my Sis n BIL sent, happy laughters that echoed the room, the wishes that travelled from far away places straight to my hearts - I felt so proud to have been gifted such a wonderful circle of family and friends! My heart is full of happiness today! And just as I close this very long post of all my joys my mum sent me a very cute video of me from all the B/W and color photos of my childhood! For someone who had to spend few minutes taking backup of her phone - to create that wonderful video for me - I am super proud and super happy!! It just cannot get better than this.... 😍💛💜💝💞

The 40s are here to stay.. Now they become fantastic or flaky- Time will only tell.. However, I fully intend to push the latter out of the window.. And I hope this huge stash of love and affection that I have accumulated helps me stay Fine, Festive, Fit & Fabulous in my 40s!

-Mom.Reflections 



Comments

Sonal said…
Beautiful poem❤ & what a way to bring in 40's!! Kudos N 😘. Wow, what a day it must have been :) Pranati
Mom Reflections said…
:-D :-* Thank You so much!! :-)
It was once in a lifetime!!!

Visitors

Flag Counter

Follow me on FB