Life Lessons from Ganesha



When Ganeshji comes with an important lesson not only for your 9 year old but also for your own self, I feel the concept of the festival has risen above just customs!! 

Due to Covid I was extremely scared of stepping out this time. Leave alone going and selecting a moorti in the rush of Pune's festivities.


So the very first time I took the plunge and booked the moorti online. 

After discussions n deliberations I chose 1 very subtle and very different than what we always get. Booked it and started visualising decor around the colors. πŸ’™πŸ’–


Now came the flowers. 

I couldn't think of anyway of getting the flower stock, sanitizing them and keeping them for pooja without spoiling them. 

So turned to my very good friend H. She graciously agreed and made such pretty n beautiful flowers n garland out of paper.. I know they touch n feel different.. but in my heart I know I am trying to do the best in my ability for my family! And That was the 1st lesson for N. πŸ“



We don't have to bring expensive decor n stuff for our Ganeshji everytime...even if we cannot procure each n everything on the list -it's ok!

We have our heart at the right place, and we bring him, keep him home with love n affection - Jaiju (Bhagwanji) will be happy nevertheless! πŸ˜Š 


1st time in many years Chaturthi morning was calm n rush-free. Everything had been planned ahead and done meticulously to avoid last minute rush to the market. Off we went to get our selected Ganeshji home. Again 1 of many firsts - I went with J and N. 

The moment the shopkeeper saw me his jaw dropped. And with his expression so did my enthusiasm. I knew something wasn't right. They had given my moorti to another lady with the same name thinking its me. 

😱😳πŸ₯ΊπŸ˜¬☹️😌🀬

In spite of booking a smaller one, this other lady took mine claiming as hers. 


I am still wondering how come she was content today while doing pooja knowing that she brought the wrong moorti home on purpose!!! Nevertheless my selected one was gone and all the above emotions were going through in our minds simultaneously. 


The storekeeper was polite, apologetic and courteous enough to propose he will get another similar moorti for us asap. The wholesale shop was far and we couldn't wait there so we returned home. Empty handed. For the 1st time in J's life he came home like this!!. 

Now we had a choice. N was visibly upset n so was I. I was just very sad. Didn't even fathom this. But J didn't let it show on his face n i took the cue. A small mommy voice told me - N is watching. Ur reaction. Ur disappointment. Ur approach. And I shifted my focus. 

From sad disappointment I tried seeing the perspective. 


Maybe it was not meant to be.

Maybe Jaiju wanted to come in a different moorti at our place. 

Maybe that lady needed the smaller  moorti more than us to feel better. 

Maybe there was something good in all of this (even though we cannot see it now)!!!

And so her mood shifted. 

From utter hopeless disappointment she became just disappointed! 

Victory! Another lesson learnt!!!

Not easy to channelise those emotions. But we did it!! πŸŽ―


Finally by evening 6 we went to collect the 2nd moorti this time. It was way too big n way too bright than what I had chosen in the 1st place. But the pink n the vision was set in our heads. Ever so reluctantly we masked our Ganeshji and brought him home. 

1st time we had brought such a big moorti home. 

It fit. 

Slightly bigger than the chaurang (platform ) but it did. 

And so did our emotions✨🀩 


With the light series decor I and N had done yesterday, it looks perfect. 

Everytime I look at it I am finding it a lil bigger and lil more brighter than the image I had set in mind. But everytime I remind myself - that's not important. 


We simply cannot cry over what's not there, what could have been! 

Instead we can focus on what IS HERE! And what makes it Unique n Beautiful!!


The positivity is infectious. 

When N went to say Good Night to Jaiju, her smile made me smile wider on the lessons...the victory over negativity... the present! 


In spite of all the nonsense going on in the world we managed to bring Jaiju home with cheer, happiness and love! 

I think that is a festival in itself!!


Hope next year we can get2gather not just in spirit but also in person to celebrate the day as it is meant to be. πŸ₯°πŸ˜


With new memories to cherish and laugh on for the  years to come - Here's a chant of the season...


Ganpati Bappa Morya!! 

✨🌺🌺✨


-Mom Reflections 





Comments

Visitors

Flag Counter

Follow me on FB