Surprise Unicorn Decor for 8th Birthday

It's that time of the year againnn! 
No matter how hard I try or say with full dertermination that next year I won't do any decoration for N's birthday but I am just not able to stand by my own thoughts.. 

This year she had decided that she wants to hv a masti bhara birthday with her friends in the newly opened playzone nearby. And we are all upto it.. Everybody including N kept reminding me .. "Vaise bhi you don't want to decorate this year na...!! " 

As much as I used to nod .. I couldn't wrap up my head around the thought as the month of May began. Upon asking what kind of cake she wants this time, prompt came the reply - "UNICORN!" (yes, kids n parents like us definitely add to the upcoming economy!)
Nevertheless, we shortlisted the cake designs and decided to proceed with the baker as the date came closer. 
But I just couldn't let go of the thought that I want to do something special for her.. N loved my surprise birthday party! 
She loves surprises! Absolutely adores the attention and gets a kick out of those small-small things that we (read I) do for her.. So the idea started taking shape. Amazon app was active again on my phone - of course in her absence. There was no question of me going to the old city to shop for birthday supplies. The scorching heat and J's absence for more than 2 weeks made it impossible. To my surprise, there were so many Unicorn B'day decor items available everywhere I looked. 

The shipments were days away...but to be able to get a chance to open n see the parcels was impossible when she was around... after all 'Beti kiski hai?!' LOL

And then slowly her friends returned from vacation and I finally got a chance to properly assemble the Midnight Surprise decor! :-D AAAhhh I could feel the adreneliane again! Felt excited and happy once more! Like I said last year, planning for her birthday somewhere reminds me of the ups n downs of the last few days of my pregnancy.. From early labor pains to her decision of getting stuck somewhere with that big of hers.. I start recalling that and all the 7 birthdays so far.. 

Finally, the eve of her Birthday is here. We had thrown a lie to her that Daddy is reaching on her birthday morning.. However he surprised her on the eve itself with fun goodies, stuff and of course his presence! Her smile suddenly reached from 1 of her ears to another! She claimed that she thought "something was fishy" when I asked her to stay in the room while I went out to open the door..but was super thrilled to see Daddy and has been beaming since! :-)

Its super difficult to give a surprise to someone extremely observant (read mini me) .. So she was surprised when I said she is going down to play with her friends even when Daddy just came back after weeks. But all the effort of blowing and putting up the balloons was worth it when she walked in the door at midnight. The her-size Unicorn balloon along with so many others.. her gifts.. and the fact that it was all done for her made her eyes twinkle with sweet joy which in turn filled my heart with extreme happiness! Mission Accomplished! 1 more year of Decor on her Birthday! 

The final surprise for her is in the morning.. She is going to wake up to a collage of her own pictures on our photo wall. 

Having my awesome photographer-friend P is a blessing when I wanted to collect her poses in action! I was like this Bollywood mom who almost cried in the photo store upon seeing her beauty printed on the matt finish photos. Can't wait to see her reaction! 

Now I think, I should just target the end of the decade.. Perhaps after that she is gonna plead n request me not to any decoration for her special day!!! Until then.. I am going to enjoy decorating for my sweetest munchkin Unicorn!! 

Comments

Visitors

Flag Counter

Follow me on FB